Owner, HC Designs
July 2004 – Present
HC Designs is a full service graphic design and marketing agency based in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The company was formed in July of 2004 and caters to companies who need advertising and marketing materials, website design and other forms of communication. Proprietor
Testing Manager, Progeny Marketing Innovations
January 2003 – July 2004
Progeny Marketing Innovations, LLC is a division of Cendant Corporation, a Fortune 500 company. The business model at Progeny is based on direct marketing insurance products through a variety of mass-market channels. Thus, I gained valuable insights into the testing of creative approaches that were geared towards the consumer market, but were also subject to strict branding standards from our financial institution clients.
- Responsible for the day to day relationship with creative and production vendors for all aspects of the printing process.
- Tripled the volume of the testing department within 2 months of arrival.
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of new testing packages through outside creative resources and insuring that these pieces meet the requirements of insurance legal regulations.
- Responsible for routing, reviewing and overseeing the production of approximately 750,000 pieces of direct mail per month.
Account Services Manager, Digital Design Advertising
May 2000 – January 2003
Digital Design Advertising is an ad agency based in Bowling Green, Kentucky that caters to the consumer product and service industries in the Bowling Green area. Clients relied on me to design, implement and critique their marketing programs in addition to researching and understanding the wants and needs of their customer base. Part of my responsibilities here included media buys for radio, newspaper and magazines as well as evaluating these channels for their effectiveness in the marketing mix.
- Responsible for the design, production, and editing of advertisements and publications in conjunction with planning, developing, and executing various companies’ strategic marketing programs.
- Assignments include copy writing, layout of advertisements, meeting with clients, media plans / buys, making recommendations to clients on their marketing mix and adhering to company advertising and promotional budgets.
- Promoted twice in the nearly 3 years I spent with this company from Graphic Designer to Account Executive to Account Services Manager.
Writer / Production assistant, Experience Kentucky Magazine
June 2002 – January 2003
Experience Kentucky Magazine is a startup magazine that entertains and informs readers of various outdoor activities across the state of Kentucky. The audience is geared toward outdoor enthusiasts, weekend warriors, and family adventurers who are seeking thrilling but safe outdoor activities as they travel across the state of Kentucky.
- Responsible for the design, production, and editing of advertisements for publication in Experience Kentucky.
- Participated in a white water rafting adventure at Cumberland Falls, interviewed other participants, wrote a 12-page story and designed the initial layout of the story for the spring 2003 issue.
Masters of Business Administration, GPA 3.8
Western Kentucky University, Graduation Date December 2004
Bachelor of Arts in Advertising, Psychology, Sociology, GPA 3.8, Summa Cum Laude
Western Kentucky University, Graduation Date May 2001
Commonwealth Diploma, National Merit Scholar, Apollo High School, May 1996
Activities & Awards
· Member of the Direct Marketing Association
· Attended DMA, Advertising Compliance, Adobe, and How Design conferences
· Volunteer children’s ministry – Living Hope Baptist Church
· Volunteer Sunday School Teacher – Covenant Ministry Baptist Church
Preferred Bowling Green, Kentucky Website Designer at WebsiteDesignersList.com
Featured in the National Website Design Directory
Featured on the Website Design Directory.